Saturday, September 27, 2008

Missing : Fox Football Channel

After thoroughly enjoying the AFC Champions league match between Adelaide and Kashima on Wednesday it got me thinking, where is my “FoxSports Football” channel.

Late last year a lot of rumours were circulating that FoxSports was set to launch a dedicated Football channel. The channel was rumoured to have a much more expanded coverage of Football across the globe including :


1. Expanded Premier League Action
2. More English Football League Matches
3. More Asian Champions League matches
4. J-League Matches
5. Additional Magazine Shows
6. Asian Youth Championships


It was a rumour that had many football lovers salivating at the thought of so much football. There was even talk that Fox Sports may have sponsored a FA style knockout cup.

When Fox Sports rebadged their local Football show “Fox Sports FC, the first thought of many was that this was the first step towards the new dedicated channel but no further word was forthcoming.


The J-league coverage is especially interesting. The more A-league sides play against J-league clubs, the more I am interested in seeing more of this competition. I can see a very healthy rivalry developing between the two leagues over the next 5-10 years and as we have already seen with the crowds at the ACL home matches the Japanese clubs are popular.


With Australian’s now likely to be heading to the J-league under their new Asian Foreign player rule, interest in the league will continue to grow.


So come on Fox Sports ! Where is my Football Channel !

,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeh, where is my dedicated football channel?? Since you guys stole football and are now making me pay for it. And if you increase my rates if the channel comes, I'm gonna flip!

againstthecrossbar said...

Spot on Peng, if they do decide to increase the monthly charge I suspect there will be quite a backlash